Rekey Locksmith Bolton
Locksmith Bolton 647-866-0956
What Is Rekeying?
Lock rekeying (sometimes also called “Changing the Locks”) is the process of giving your lock a new key combination, so only a new key can open it. Some experts recommend rekeying your locks every few years.
However, there are specific instances when it is always a good idea to rekey your lock:
- When you have lost your key
- When too many others have had access to your key in the past
- When you have recently had a breakup, or someone has moved out
- When you’re moving into a new home
- When your key has been in the hands of housekeeping or construction teams
Essentially, it is recommended that you consider lock rekeying any time the keys have spent time away from your control. Remember, it takes only 30 minutes for someone to make as many copies of your key as they want, and a “do not copy” warning rarely stops them. The more people who have had access to your key in the past, the more you should consider a rekeying service.
Benefits Of Lock Rekeying
While replacing a lock may have its advantages, in most scenarios, lock rekeying will be the way to go.
Some of the reasons why lock rekeying is such an advantageous option is because:
- It’s much cheaper than replacing a lock. Instead of purchasing new locks to replace them with, all that needs to be done is to replace a few pins.
- You’ll get to keep your locks. Keeping your locks isn’t only beneficial because it’s a much less expensive option – it’s also helpful because there’s a good chance that your locks match your home. Having to replace your locks brings up the possibility that there may not be any suitable replacements that match the style that you want for your home.
- You can have them configured in any way you want to. If you’d like to make it so that all of the locks work with one of your existing keys, you can do that too. Lock rekeying will be able to give you added convenience.
Fast, Efficient Rekeying
Although it may be called “changing the locks,” lock rekeying allows you to keep your lock and simply replace the code so that only you and those who live in your home have access to it. At Locksmith Bolton, we offer both scheduled and emergency lock rekeying services.
Our emergency services are available for those who need to change the locks quickly, due to someone having access to their keys that should no longer be allowed in the building. Our scheduled service allows us to come on your time, and make sure that the new key combination works and is in place. Contact a Bolton Locksmith location near you today to get started.
Commercial & Residential Security Solutions
Installing confidence since 2000, Locksmith Bolton became the nation’s first physical security specialists, breaking the conception of what a locksmith is. Since our inception, we have grown into a nationwide brand and have offices in every major city throughout Canada. While the size of our company has changed throughout the years, our dedication to our clients has remained steadfast. We only employ qualified, trustworthy, and extensively vetted locksmiths so that our customers can have peace of mind knowing the job is being handled by professionals, backed with centuries of industry knowledge.
We are proud to provide exceptional locksmith services to both commercial and residential clients, and have experience working on everything from simple rekeys and repairs to complete physical security solutions.
Call Locksmith Bolton Today! 647-866-0956