Waterloo Fingerprint Locks
Waterloo Locksmith 519-489-0497
Waterloo Fingerprint Locks
Thinking About Buying a Fingerprint Door Lock?
Most of the biggest companies today use fingerprint door lock systems to protect their possessions and ensure access control. If you own a business and feel intrigued by this system, you need to know everything about it in order to make sure that you’re investing right. So, read on and learn about this high tech security system.
What is a Fingerprint Door Lock?
Also known as a biometric lock, this type of security system is a high tech substitute to conventional locks and bolts. It uses your fingerprint as identification, giving you full control over when to access a certain room.
Basically, all you have to do is press or swipe your finger or fingers on a special pad that contains micro scanners. If the image of your fingerprint matches that stored in the system’s database, you will be granted access. The database can store your fingerprints as well as those of authorized personnel, therefore giving only a selected few access.
What Makes Biometric the Perfect Security System
There are numerous advantages which come with a fingerprint door lock system, but the following are the main ones you should consider:
- Extra Security – With a biometric system, you won’t have to worry about anyone aside from those authorized accessing a room or your resources. Besides, you will be safe from having your keys or access codes stolen.
- Ease of Use – You won’t have to worry about forgetting or losing your keys or key cards since your finger will be on you all the time. In addition, swiping your finger is much easier and quicker than turning keys or inserting cards.
- Quick Installation – If you’re dealing with a reliable security company, this system can be installed quickly. So, you won’t have to worry about leaving your rooms or resources unprotected for long.
- Less Stress – Not only will you be spared from stressing your mind to remember numbers or security codes, but you will also be more relaxed since chances of theft will decrease immensely.
- Appreciation from Other Businessmen – Your competitors as well as your allies will appreciate the fact that you have gone to extreme measures to protect your resources.
Tips for Buying Fingerprint Door Locks
If you think that a biometric lock system is ideal for your business, you shouldn’t buy one without incorporating these tips:
- Because this type of security system is quite expensive, it is best that you only use it for rooms that require high security.
- If you’re placing this type of lock outside, make sure that it is placed within a weather resistant box. This will save your investment and ensure that it lasts for long.
- Have an additional battery installed in case of a power outage. You can also have a mechanical lock installed just in case.
- Always deal with a company which has years of experience and a vast portfolio. If the company sounds great to you but is relevantly new, do not consider it unless its staff has great skills and numerous years in this field.
Remember this information while shopping to get the most value for your money.