Kitchener Home Security Tips
Kitchener Locksmith 226-243-7803
Kitchener Home Security Tips
Burglars attack front door more usually than other exits. Therefore, the settings of your door are crucial. Set your entrance doors in a proper manner. Both the doors and the frames should be of solid wood with high quality. Avoid using glass panels, because it is easy to break into such doors. Do not keep any gap between the door and its frame, and the hinges should always be on the inside. This is because the burglars often strike out the hinge pins to get into the house. Choose proper locks like 1-inch deadbolt for your doors. You can ensure security of sliding glass doors by fixing some bar in the middle of the bottom track.
How to secure your windows
Window should be made of burglar-resistant glass with a number of small glass panes instead of a large sheet of glass. The screw head of the windows should be soldered in order to prevent unscrewing of the lock from any small hole made on the windowpane.
Simple Home Security Tips
Protecting your home does not mean that you just have to spend so much money from your pocket and spend on various expensive home security systems. All I say is, you need to cultivate some habits to prevent any untoward incident at your home.
Here are some simple valuable tips, which if you follow can ascertain security of your home:
- If you have brought a new house and before you start staying in a new house, you must change all the locks and tumblers of all the exterior doors of that house. In case you lose the keys of your existing house, then also changing the locks is a must without any delay.
- Be carefully always, when we go out for a short while, we often keep our homes in an unlocked condition. Burglars are always looking for such opportunities as to when they can enter a house without much obstruction.
- Usually, the first thing a burglar does before entering a house is to make the security system inoperable. To counter that, make sure the wiring of your alarm is concealed.
- Never keep a set of spare keys in places like inside the mailbox or under the doormat. The safest option is to bury the key in a place in your garden where you can locate it easily later whenever needed.
- If you notice anyone roaming around suspiciously in your area of residence, inform your neighbors and security about them.
- In case any stranger like a salesman asks for permission to enter your home, check out their ID thoroughly before letting them in. Many times burglars use this excuse to enter our homes and then check out its interiors. They then use the information gathered for a strike at a later time. If you have any doubt, call up their office to find if the person is genuine or not, before letting them in.
- Make sure the area near your entrance door is not dark. If required, install proper lighting system.